This breakfast is delicious enough to eat as a dessert! Regardless of whatever time of day you decide to enjoy this treat, it will be a party for your taste buds! In addition, you can wow your brunch with guests with the presentation of my Strawberry French Toastwiches as they look so complicated, but are so incredibly easy to make! Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein, or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOASTWICHES
4 slices light bread of your choice (with approximately 45 calories per slice)
1 cup liquid egg whites (or approximately 8 large egg whites, beaten)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch salt (optional)
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
1 scoop Jaime Eason vanilla Whey Protein Shake (or vanilla whey of choice)
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
3 TB plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
How to Prepare
1. Prepare the filling by combining the whey, cream cheese, and yogurt and mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl combine egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until light and fluffy with air bubbles.
3. Spray a large skillet (or use more than one to cook more at once) with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
4. Dip the bread in the egg mixture for a few seconds to allow the egg to soak into the bread (the longer you let soak, the moister the french toast will be so adjust according to your preference) and place into the heated skillet(s). Let cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the underside is nice and golden brown. Flip wih a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the underside is golden brown and the center of the bread is firm. Remove from heat.
5. Divide the filling in half and spread each half onto 1 slice of bread. Arrange the strawberries evenly over the filling. Take the other 2 slices and place one onto each of the slices with the filling to form 2 sandwiches. Quarter the sandwiches by cutting each of them in half lengthwise and then again in half horizontally to form 4 equal pieces per sandwich.
6. For added presentation, skewer the sandwiches with the strawberries and serve. Enjoy!
Option: serve with your favorite honey or sugar free syrup (not included in below nutrition)
Per serving (recipe serves 2): 320 calories, 38 grams protein, 27 grams carbohydrates (5 grams fiber), 7 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.