Research shows that just making an effort toward positive thinking, having a good attitude, and saying nice things about others all have health benefits. Yes, sometimes people can judge other people and find just the negative side— and that is not good for your health.
If you have positive thoughts all day, some studies show that you can feel happier, less stressed, and have a better psychological and physical well being. According to the Mayo Clinic, having a positive attitude can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and depression, and help to create a greater resistance against the common cold!
We all know that life has good and bad times, but you can try to think positive during difficult moments. Sounds easy, but sometimes it’s not. We can start by identifying areas to change:
• Try to be more optimistic; focus on nice, positive thinking. Find positive things about you and others in your work and in your home. Enjoy the good moments and try not to stress over less important things.
• Follow a healthy lifestyle. Exercise reduces stress! It also stimulates and releases endorphins— chemicals that can block sensations of pain and produce overall feelings of euphoria. A healthy lifestyle also includes good nutrition.
• Find positive people! This really helps, and also you will love to share positive thoughts. The best thing about it is that it’s contagious! Help others achieve their goals; you will learn and maybe you can change the lives of others. The world needs more positive and good people.
• Cut the gossip: You’ll automatically feel guilty and bad about yourself when you gossip. When you open your mouth to talk about others, say good things! If you don’t have anything good to say, just be quiet, and if you hear someone talking bad about others, you have to think that maybe that person will talk bad about you. Why not?
• Don’t be jealous or feel envy, it destroys your inner peace! Enjoy the achievements that others reach.
• Eat chocolate— I prefer and recommend organic dark. A bit of chocolate a day and a positive attitude are good for your heart, according to the European Heart Journal.• Be kind and you will see what happens! A nice, gentle and kind person always will be very welcome in all places.
• Be active; don’t waste your time on bad things! Enjoy a hobby, read, enjoy a coffee with some positive friends, enjoy good music, and go see a funny movie! Try to make your life more enjoyable for you and for the people who live nearby. Always have a good attitude.
• Learn to love yourself! You are awesome. Construct positive phrases about you and others and repeat these phrases often! Your brain will work differently and you’ll see results in your health.
Laugh and find people with good humor! Share a joke and smile! Remember that we make small changes with big results! XOXO
I love to hear comments and answer questions, so please do not hesitate to write me on twitter (@marcelatribin) andFacebook!
Chocolate and happiness are good for your heart
Posted on March 31, 2010 Filed Under Happiness