Hello, FitnessRx Ladies!
Last week we worked the rear delts. This week I want to go over training the rest of your delts to get the full, round shoulders we all want and need to be esthetically symmetrical! Having strong, developed shoulders will definitely accentuate your V-taper and increase your upper body strength.
My workout this week is for those people who want to do a great shoulder workout but have a busy schedule. Since I train for competitions, I do have those occasional days where I am short on time. Even as the day runs out, I will never sacrifice training time or miss an effective workout!
Heather’s Quick Shoulder Workout
Smith Machine Overhead Press
7 sets/12 reps
(Warm up with zero weight added for 2 sets, 15 reps)
Once you add appropriate weight:
• Keep rest period at 30 seconds in between each set
• Stand wide and keep abs tight the entire workout
• Press directly overhead, lower bar slowly till arms reach 90 degrees or until the bar is at about your chin
Standing Side Lateral Raise
(Using cables or dumbbells)
7 sets/12 reps each arm
• Zero rest period
• Alternate single arm raise, performing all 12 reps with one arm then directly moving to next arm
• Keep arm straight, with a very slight bend in elbow
• Do not allow wrist to bend
• Keep weight under slow controlled, movement without rocking the body