The first thing that you might think of when you think of graham crackers is S’mores… and rightfully so! I used to love making S’mores around a campfire, or honestly sometimes right on the grill in my backyard! Well, even the taste of graham crackers alone brings me those nostalgic feelings of my childhood, which I’m happy to now share with you! I saw a similar recipe and just had to recreate it for myself and they really are good! My Protein Graham Crackers are the perfect blend of sweet, salty and crunchy to give you a treat that you can feel good about eating!
Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
PROTEIN GRAHAM CRACKERS
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup Jamie Eason vanilla Whey Protein Isolate, or vanilla whey of choice
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener), plus extra for topping
1 tsp. cinnamon (plus extra for topping)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
2. In a mixing bowl combine coconut flour, whey protein, stevia, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well blended.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well blended.
4. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix, constantly stirring, until a thick dough is formed.
5. Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and roll dough until it’s less than ¼-inch thick (the thinner the better, as it will enhance the crispness of the cracker).
6. Use a sharp knife to gently score the dough into cracker sized pieces, but be sure not to cut all the way through. Then pierce the tops with a fork creating tiny holes.
7. Transfer the parchment paper with the dough to a cookie sheet and then peel off the top layer of parchment paper. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and granulated stevia.
8. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and let cool and allow to harden. Break crackers apart and as always, enjoy!
Per serving (recipe serves 10): 115 calories, 5 grams protein, 6 grams net carbohydrates (3 grams fiber), 8 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.