Everyone wants to be successful, but many do not know how to plan for success. Here is how I try to gain success in my life:
When making goals, it is important to break them down into sections. I have listed my sections below:
• Ultimate: The ultimate goal is what you want to achieve at the end of a long-term journey.
Example: Wanting to make a successful career in the fitness industry
• Monthly: This is more of a short-term goal and you could write down all 12 at the beginning of the year and alter them as you go.
Example: In month one, I am going to get on a new diet plan. In month two, I am going to continue the diet plan and add in a workout plan, etc.
• Weekly: One day per week, you plan out your week as detailed as possible.
Example: Workout X times on X days, study X days for X hours, weekly diet prep, family time etc.
• Daily: Cross off all the things you planned from your weekly goal. Stay strong here and do your best to manage your time properly, but at the same time be flexible and don’t obsess.
Example: Today I am going to do 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of leg training, grocery, prep meals, do one thing to encourage someone.
Make a Plan
Your goals are a big part of your plan, but you should also have details on how you are going to live your goals out. What will you need to be successful?
Example: Here are a few things that were on my list to start my fitness journey:
• Become a certified trainer
• Compete in the NPC/IFBB
• Learn how to influence others
• Stay educated on current fitness trends
This is the most important aspect of being successful! If you are not confident in what you are doing and where you want to be, you will not succeed. We all have days when we feel like we will never get there, but you have to keep pushing. Things that come without a struggle are not worth achieving. The more you struggle the more glorious it is when you succeed. Surround yourself with positive people and things that will help you believe in yourself.
YOU NEED support from friends and family to be successful, and make sure to let them know this! Share with them the details of your plan and what you want to achieve.
A lot of successful people will use visualization to reach their goals. Before going onstage at the Arnold, you will see me with my eyes closed. After praying “Dear God, don’t let me mess up,” I will visualize presenting myself perfectly. You can visualize short- or long-term things, but it is important to visualize a positive image with CONFIDENCE.
Don’t forget to give thanks and remember the people who helped you become successful.