OK, you all know I’m a huge fan of a protein ball. So, over the weekend I thought, what if I mix it up and made my own insanely delicious dessert like FUDGEY BERRY PROTEIN BARS?! Mind blown, plus it got the huge thumbs up from all the family.
FUDGEY BERRY PROTEIN BARS
1 cup vanilla vegan protein
2 cups of defrosted frozen berries (don’t drain them as the juice works really well in this)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 vanilla bean pod
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
1. Blend the berries in a Bullet blender until smooth. Add the cashew butter, coconut oil and the inside seeds of your vanilla bean and blend again. Pour contents into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add almond meal and protein powder to mix in the bowl and stir through.
3. Take half of the freeze-dried raspberries and gently fold through your mix. This looks a lot better chunky and works as little flavor explosions in the slice. Set mix aside.
4. Line a medium-sized brownie baking tray with waxed paper.
5. Add mix to the tray, spread about 1-inch thick.
6. Sprinkle the remaining freeze-dried raspberries on top, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
7. Once hard, cut into squares 2×2 inches, and these bad boys are ready to rock!
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Nutritional Info (Serves 9)