Happiness is actually something you can practice, create and maintain. My New Year’s resolution was to be more positive and erase as much negativity out of my life as possible. I have researched happiness and these are some of the ways I found to BE HAPPY:
• Moods are contagious, so surround yourself with optimistic people.
• Stay close to family and friends and use them to release your worries. Talking things out will help it leave your mind.
• After a tragedy, people often change their ways and realize the precious things they have. Recognize your amazing gifts and realize you are very lucky in many ways.
• Practice changing a negative to a positive.
• Always start and end your day with a positive thought.
• Try to actively keep out the negative. Sometimes we let things that we cannot control take away our happiness.
• Find out what makes you feel accomplished, energized and happy. Then do it.
Examples: Setting goals and achieving them or lifting others up
• Recognize your accomplishments and reward yourself.
• Don’t be so hard on yourself; you are only human.
• Learn to laugh things off and laugh at yourself (I do this on a daily basis). Just putting a smile on your face has been proven to lighten your mood instantly.
• Forget about the negative in the past and concentrate on making the future bright.
• Adopt a healthy lifestyle one step at a time.
Note: It has been proven that happy people live longer, have better immune systems, and have better, long-lasting relationships.
• Surround yourself with positive people and thoughts.
• Appreciate yourself and your accomplishments.
• Be optimistic and clean out the negative.
• Know you have a purpose in life!
• Take care of yourself.